Monday, June 30, 2008

Ancestors and Summer Fun

Sunday evening I was invited, along with my parents and other siblings, to join my uncle's family reunion tour of the historical museum in Pleasant Grove featuring some pictures and items from my ancestors. My Great Great Grandma and Grandpa Foutz came across the plains with the pioneers and settled in the Pleasant Grove area. It was really neat to see these items and hear how great these men and women were who preceded me. Andrew really got into it as well and thought is was so cool to see things from his ancestors.

This is an ox yolk that my ancestor August Warnick made and used.


Margaret Mann Foutz was my Great Great Grandmother.


Margaret was one of the many women who survived the Hauns Mill massacre. Her husband was shot in the hip, but Margaret was able to dress his wounds and hide him in the garden under leaves and at the spinning wheel dressed as a woman until the danger had subsided and they were able to move on to a safer place.


Here is an iron that Margaret had used.



Today I took the boys to the Olympic Fountain downtown at the Gateway. It was so hot the cool water felt really nice. Well here are the crazy guys running around having so much fun.


NICHOLAS

ANDREW

ANDREW

NICHOLAS

ANDREW

NICHOLAS

ANDREW

NICHOLAS

No comments: