Sunday, February 08, 2009

What a Beautiful Sound


This morning I was laying in bed being lazy, trying to get myself out of bed when I heard a sound. It was a familiar sound, but one that I had not heard in quite some time. I listened again and sure enough, it was a bird chirping. I kept listening and soon a car drove by frightening the bird, and the beautiful sound was gone. I strained to see if I could hear more, and there in the distance was the faint far away song of more birds. I called to Nicholas and Andrew and told them to quietly go over to the window and listen. Following instructions, they turned their ears to the glass and almost immediately in unison, delightfully and excitedly announced "BIRDS!" It was so wonderful to hear that lovely sound this morning. It really perked me up to know that life is on it's way back to the valley and that beauty will be springing forth very soon.

1 comment:

Layla said...

I am so ready for spring! I can't seem to warm up at all! I am so glad that you had a wonderful time at the temple open house. We are going down in about a week or so and we're looking forward to it.