Monday, April 06, 2009

PINE WOOD DERBY

This was the first experience of this project for the boys and I. I thought for sure when I opened the box of the pine wood derby kit there would be some semblance of a car inside, but no just a block of wood. So I went to the place of all knowledge, the Internet. I found a few templates that looked like they would be good designs and had Grandpa Foutz cut out the shapes. All of us took turns sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding and sanding... The boys helped grandpa paint and I had one of my employers help out with the wheels. The cars looked good and the day came to see how they would do under pressure.

These are the boys cars. Nicholas' is #31 and Andrew's is #0.


These are all of the participants. All of the boys did really good on their cars and it was a good race. Nicholas and Andrew didn't win, the car sitting in front won every single race. Nicholas came in 4th a couple times and 3rd a couple of times. Andrew came in 4th once, 3rd once and 2nd two times. They had lots of fun and were glad to have participated.


Nicholas showing his car and his certificate for "The Gone In 60 Seconds Car".


Andrew received the certificate for "The Lean Mean Green Machine".

1 comment:

Layla said...

Pinewood Derby's are the best! Kaden's is this week and he couldn't be more excited. The boys did a fantastic job! I still can't get over how big they've gotten!!