Sunday, June 17, 2007

Not More Pictures, Mom

This weekend started off by mom thoroughly torturing her children. I wanted to get a good updated picture of the boys to give their dad for a father's day present. We all know how much children love to have their picture taken, so I had to bring out the bribe. Nicholas and Andrew have been saving their allowance for the last several months for the coveted TMNT video game. As of Wednesday they finally had enough. So being the clever mom that I am, I agreed to take them to the store after work on Thursday if they were good and posed for some pictures. They actually did fairly good and what is even more amazing, after the purchase of their game they waited until Friday morning to play it because they know they can't play games on the days that mom works. I didn't even have to discuss it with them. But of course 6:30 am Friday morning Nicholas was up ready to play. Here are the pictures taken in the Murray park across the street from where we live. The first one is the one chosen as the gift for their dad.







Here it is, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle video game.

Friday night our stake sponsored a Father/Son camp out. Grandpa Foutz was gracious enough to take the boys. They all seemed to have a good time and the boys especially enjoyed chopping wood and roasting marshmallows. While the boys were out roughing it I went out with my mom and my sister Carmen. The girls enjoyed each others company and ate a wonderful meal at Red Lobster. I indulged on fried shrimp and scampi, Mom enjoyed the fried shrimp and all of you who know Carmen you guessed it, enjoyed the crab legs. It was all very yummy.

We then headed to the theater and watched the latest installment of the Ocean's series, Ocean's 13. It was very good. I really enjoyed it alot.

Saturday afternoon, the neighbors set up their slip and slide and invited the boys to join in on the fun. All of the kids had a great time and since it was so hot were able to stay cool.






This suit was given to us a few years ago and I got it out to see if it would fit Nicholas so he could wear it to his baptism. I had it cleaned this week and being so excited Nicholas couldn't wait until August to wear it, so here he is sporting his new to him suit.

4 comments:

happy mom said...

Mijken those pictures look so cute! I love the one with the boys by the tree(#5)with there arms around each other, so sweet.

Andrew was doing quite the pose for one of those slip and slide shots, TMNT all the way, with those moves!

Nicholas will be baptised! Wow, I didn't realize he would be 8, in August?

I am just barely watching Oceans 12, I am a little behind, glad you had a good girls night out.

Anonymous said...

Cute photos. Glad you are using the camera again!

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures. I just think it's funny how they look like they are in pain in some of the pictures....like is this over yet???

I'm excited to see Oceans 13...but it probably won't be until it comes out on video. Glad to hear that it's good.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.