Sunday, June 24, 2007

Temples and Haircuts

Friday night the Crane's and Ashton's headed down to Central Utah to watch the Mormon Miracle Manti Pagent. The JW Foutz's went down earlier and saved us some seats. Caleb and the "Three Muskateers" made themselves comfortable and we started out on our journey.



Since the boys were starving and on their last breath of life we stopped in Payson at MickyD's. All 4 boys were able to recieve the coveted "Chicken Joe" toy from the movie "Surf's Up".


Even before we got to the city you could see the temple way far off in the distance, letting us know that we were finally almost there. As we approached the little town there arose one of the most wonderful buildings around. I'd never seen the Manti Temple before and was marveled at how amazingly beautiful it was. The unique architecture and lovely golden brick were definatly a site to behold.




Here we are with our snacks and blankets waiting for the show to start. Picture taking was prohibited during the preformance so that is why I don't have any. The pagent was enjoyable although being a late starting time of 9:30, Nicholas and Andrew did fall asleep and missed the last half of the show. They did see the Lamenite/Nephite battle and really liked that alot.


Saturday afternoon our neighbors got out the slip and slide and pool and we all enjoyed some time playing in the water to stay cool. I got into a water gun fight with the neighbor boy and all of the boys took turns making sure the mom's stayed wet and cool in the heat of the sun. Here is Nicholas relaxing in the pool.


Saturday afternoon Mom and Dad graceously agreed to tend the boys while I attended the temple. Since the Jordan River Temple, which I usually go to was closed for cleaning, I went down to Utah County and enjoyed the simple elegance of the Mt. Timpanogos Temple. I love the different textures of glass and splashes of color in the windows. It truly is a beautiful temple.


While I was in the temple Dad gave the boys a much needed hair cut. Here are the cheesy grins showing off their summer cuts.

2 comments:

happy mom said...

Oh, I didn't know you have never been to Manti! It is one of my most favorite temples! So that was your first time seeing the pageant too? growing up in the area, I used to see it yearly, and that was the temple that I did my youth baptism trips. We used to go and do service on the temple grounds too. Some of my family have been in the pageant, and some of my extended family still are in it. So you hit a little memory spot for me, I think I will wait until my kids are older to take them, how old is Andrew? Was that a good starting age? You need to do a session in that temple, I have only done it once, but it was wonderful(of course they all are, but I do especially like that one) Usually after one of those trips it seems it takes me some recovery time the next day, I am impressed your sat. was so full. thanks for the email, I will continue to check your blog, I did from the beginning of Jan every week probably until you posted, I am addicted I tell ya! and I am way behind on mine but will get some done sometime this week maybe.

Anonymous said...

I had to really look at that picture of the Mt. Timp temple. It looked like a postcard! What an awesome picture. You should enlarge it and print it and hang it on your wall!
I can't believe how much all the boys are growing! I'm excited to see all of them (and you too) in August.