Friday, September 28, 2007

Tender Mercies Through a Bug


Once again through His grace the Lord has shown me how much he loves me and how really truly aware of me He is. I have been suffering from allergies the last couple of weeks which then turned into a cold. This morning I was a little grouchy due to head congestion and the excitement of sewing all day was causing me to be a little more hurried to get the kids off to school. Being the moody child that he is and probably sensing my agitation, at the last minute Andrew decided he couldn't possibly go to school due to a hurting head. Well as all mothers have the same rule, the only reason to stay home from school is if you have a fever or are throwing up. Well since none of these applied, he was going to school. I was finally able to get the boys in the car and as I was backing up I looked up to the celing and pleaded with the Lord to give me strength. Dealing with a moody 6 year old can be very tiring day in and day out. As I started to put the car back in drive I noticed a fairly large green bug on the hood of the car. I put on the break and told the boys to get unbuckled and look at the cool bug on the car. Since Andrew is totally enthralled with bugs this turned things all around. He was smiling and thought it was so cool. We headed off to school and the bug stayed with us. The whole way to school the bug continued to hold on. When we arrived to school the boys jumped out and analized the bug very carefully. It kind of looked like a leaf. It just hung out crawling around on the top of the car. Andrew was afraid it would crawl into the grill and cause trouble with the car so I flicked at the bug and off it flew to experience more adventures. With quite a few less tears Andrew was able to make it to school and survive the whole day. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for sending that bug so Andrew could get to school and I could stay somewhat more sane. I am so very thankful for the many, many tender mercies the Lord send my way. May we all be mindful of the many blessings sent our way every day.

1 comment:

happy mom said...

What a great experience, you know I mess up a lot(I am not comparing this to your story, just me). but sometimes it just takes the little things for me to see how I should handle an experience better.

thank goodness for cool green bugs! we had a really cool praying mantis experience recently!